Residential Garage Door Maintenance
Your garage door’s lifespan increases when it's well maintained. Here’s how we can make that happen.
Like our cars, garage doors operate best when they are well maintained. To prevent wear and tear that can lead to a costly repair, we recommend that you inspect and service your garage door once a year or every two years, and always refer to your door manufacturer's recommendations for instructions on maintenance and cleaning of door panels.
At Waterloo Garage Doors, our experienced technicians will inspect the following during a residential garage door maintenance check:
- Lubricate parts such as idlers on garage opener, springs, and rails
- Check or adjust alignments as required to relieve stress on openers
- Test your garage door opener and remote to make sure they are synchronizing
- Inspect gears for wear and tear
- Test balance of the door
- Check bearings, drums, and frayed cables
- Replace any parts if needed
If a problem is discovered, Waterloo Garage Doors will uncover the source and fix the problem. Our fleet of service vehicles is outfitted with the tools and parts needed to provide immediate onsite repair.